With your coming trip to Europe, a European plug adapter is a must carry item for you to enjoy your excursion as planned. With the latest technological advancements, electronics play a big role in our lives and you will need this plug adapter so as to enjoy the pleasures which only your electronics can give during your European stay.
These plug adapters have been designed in such a way that they can be safely be used in most of the domestic power sockets of the European countries. This will definitely be a necessity for you to be able to plug your electronics into the European power outlets.
Some things to consider before setting out for a trip to Europe
- Identify which countries you will be travelling to and then choose the plug adapters accordingly for specific countries.
- Take note of the appliances brought along that will need power converters. Make sure that the purchased converter can handle the number of watts produced by the electric appliances. Certainly, no one would like to blow up his or her electric appliances before even the beginning of their adventure.
- Before you are set for your trip, make sure that your appliances have built-in 110/220 volt converter. If not, you will need to purchase a voltage converter to use along with the standard plug adapter.
- Europe has different electrical outlet configuration and it uses different voltages. For example, many European countries uses 220 volts power outlets while in North America 110 voltage outlets are utilized. What basically does this mean? If you plug in an electrical appliance from North American into a European power outlet, your electric appliances will definitely melt.
- Higher end electronics such as laptops or mp3 players have in-built voltage adapters so they can’t be affected with the voltage difference but cheaper electronics like hairdryers or curling irons don’t have a built-in voltage adapter which would cause them to blow up. Therefore be sure to check the voltage in which your electronic appliances operate. It is usually printed on the power element or near the plug.
- Consider looking for step down grounded transformers that offers a 150 wattage maximum capacity, stepping it down from 220 or 240 volts to 110 or 120 volts and choose one with an on and off switch. You can use your laptop computer with this. This will come handy especially if you carried your job with you or if you will be working during your travels.
Well, after following the above tips to the letter, you will definitely look forward to another tour back to Europe.